FlashPoint Book Talk and Mini Review
Book Talk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15AzTpwUQQ
Mini Review
Flashpoint is a graphic novel story from DC Comics featuring Barry Allen aka The Flash. At first, Barry Allen is motivated to fight crime after his mother was murdered when he was a child. After he received the powers of super speed, Flash realizes that he has the ability to go back in time if he were to run fast enough. He uses this power to prevent his mother’s murder. It seemed to have worked, but Flash finds his whole reality changed from what it was before. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are at war, bringing about World War III, Superman is locked up as government property ever since his spaceship landed in Metropolis instead of Kansas when he was a baby, and Batman is Bruce Wayne’s father, Thomas Wayne, after Bruce died the night of the mugging that originally killed Bruce’s parents. When Flash sees his world has gone completely wrong, how can he save the world and his mother in it, especially now that his super speed powers are gone?
I thought this was very interesting because it gave a unique twist on the superhero characters that I’m so familiar with. I think it’s interesting to see something in a new way. I also like the concept of a hero sacrificing what he has in order to do what is right. It is never easy, but it is a lesson worth learning. I’d recommend this story to 13-18 year olds because you’re never too old or young to love superheroes!
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3tochTgPVc
Image: https://www.amazon.com/Flashpoint-Geoff-Johns/dp/1401233384/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1584113683&sr=8-2
Mini Review
Flashpoint is a graphic novel story from DC Comics featuring Barry Allen aka The Flash. At first, Barry Allen is motivated to fight crime after his mother was murdered when he was a child. After he received the powers of super speed, Flash realizes that he has the ability to go back in time if he were to run fast enough. He uses this power to prevent his mother’s murder. It seemed to have worked, but Flash finds his whole reality changed from what it was before. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are at war, bringing about World War III, Superman is locked up as government property ever since his spaceship landed in Metropolis instead of Kansas when he was a baby, and Batman is Bruce Wayne’s father, Thomas Wayne, after Bruce died the night of the mugging that originally killed Bruce’s parents. When Flash sees his world has gone completely wrong, how can he save the world and his mother in it, especially now that his super speed powers are gone?I thought this was very interesting because it gave a unique twist on the superhero characters that I’m so familiar with. I think it’s interesting to see something in a new way. I also like the concept of a hero sacrificing what he has in order to do what is right. It is never easy, but it is a lesson worth learning. I’d recommend this story to 13-18 year olds because you’re never too old or young to love superheroes!
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3tochTgPVc
Image: https://www.amazon.com/Flashpoint-Geoff-Johns/dp/1401233384/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1584113683&sr=8-2
Comments
Post a Comment