Asylum by Madelein Roux Mini Review/Book Talk
Book Talk
https://learn.dcollege.net/courses/1/25625.201925/db/_12032415_1/WIN_20200212_14_15_16_Pro.mp4
Mini Review
This is the first book of a trilogy (and a couple of side story books). This book is about a boy named Dan Crawford and his friends, Jordan and Abby. The three participate in a gifted student summer program in a college in New Hampshire. However, the dorm building that they are staying, Brookline, is supposedly haunted. Brookline used to be a mental hospital that housed many unstable patients, one of which was a serial killer. It also doesn’t help that doctors of the facility performed strange experiments on the patients. When Dan receives anonymous messages and students are being attacked, similarly to the committed serial killer’s MO, the three want to know what is going on and the only way to do it is to look into Brookline’s past.
Although this story is labelled as horror, I found this more as a mystery. I thought the setup was interesting but it wasn’t terribly scary. It does a good job at building suspense and gets you curious about the mystery it lacks the horror element. I would recommend this to teens who are looking for an interesting mystery or maybe someone who wants to try reading horror but nothing too scary. Overall, I see this more as a mystery than horror.
Image: https://www.amazon.com/Asylum-Madeleine-Roux/dp/0062220977/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3TF88Q47OYQM7&keywords=asylum+madeleine+roux&qid=1584114797&sprefix=asylum+%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-1
https://learn.dcollege.net/courses/1/25625.201925/db/_12032415_1/WIN_20200212_14_15_16_Pro.mp4
Mini Review
This is the first book of a trilogy (and a couple of side story books). This book is about a boy named Dan Crawford and his friends, Jordan and Abby. The three participate in a gifted student summer program in a college in New Hampshire. However, the dorm building that they are staying, Brookline, is supposedly haunted. Brookline used to be a mental hospital that housed many unstable patients, one of which was a serial killer. It also doesn’t help that doctors of the facility performed strange experiments on the patients. When Dan receives anonymous messages and students are being attacked, similarly to the committed serial killer’s MO, the three want to know what is going on and the only way to do it is to look into Brookline’s past.
Although this story is labelled as horror, I found this more as a mystery. I thought the setup was interesting but it wasn’t terribly scary. It does a good job at building suspense and gets you curious about the mystery it lacks the horror element. I would recommend this to teens who are looking for an interesting mystery or maybe someone who wants to try reading horror but nothing too scary. Overall, I see this more as a mystery than horror.
Image: https://www.amazon.com/Asylum-Madeleine-Roux/dp/0062220977/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3TF88Q47OYQM7&keywords=asylum+madeleine+roux&qid=1584114797&sprefix=asylum+%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-1

Comments
Post a Comment