My Hero Academia Mini Review and Book Talk
Book Talk
https://learn.dcollege.net/courses/1/25625.201925/db/_12109055_1/WIN_20200227_11_30_41_Pro.mp4
Mini Review
This manga series takes place in a world where the majority of the population has a unique superpower (or quirks as they are called in the series). The biggest career to strive for in this world is licensed superheroes because they are treated as celebrities and make money based on their publicity as a hero. One boy named Izuku Midoriya dreams of being one of the greatest heroes ever to help people, not caring about fame and fortune. Except there is one problem: he doesn’t have a quirk. As such, he is a target for bullying and people do not expect much from him. However, all of that changes when he meets his superhero idol and number one hero in the world: All Might. After Izuku performs a sudden act of heroism despite being “quirkless”, All Might is inspired to train Midoriya and entrust him with his own secret quirk: a power to pass down his own superpowers onto another person. With All Might’s help and his newfound powers, Izuku is determined to go to the best superhero high school in Japan and rise to be the best superhero ever.
I think this series is a lot of fun. I can tell that the author is a huge fan of Western comic superheroes. I find Izuku a very relatable character because I feel like I know what it’s like to have limits and people telling me that I can’t do something. I think 13-16 year olds would understand how that feels and find the characters relatable and the series intriguing.
https://learn.dcollege.net/courses/1/25625.201925/db/_12109055_1/WIN_20200227_11_30_41_Pro.mp4
Mini Review
This manga series takes place in a world where the majority of the population has a unique superpower (or quirks as they are called in the series). The biggest career to strive for in this world is licensed superheroes because they are treated as celebrities and make money based on their publicity as a hero. One boy named Izuku Midoriya dreams of being one of the greatest heroes ever to help people, not caring about fame and fortune. Except there is one problem: he doesn’t have a quirk. As such, he is a target for bullying and people do not expect much from him. However, all of that changes when he meets his superhero idol and number one hero in the world: All Might. After Izuku performs a sudden act of heroism despite being “quirkless”, All Might is inspired to train Midoriya and entrust him with his own secret quirk: a power to pass down his own superpowers onto another person. With All Might’s help and his newfound powers, Izuku is determined to go to the best superhero high school in Japan and rise to be the best superhero ever.
I think this series is a lot of fun. I can tell that the author is a huge fan of Western comic superheroes. I find Izuku a very relatable character because I feel like I know what it’s like to have limits and people telling me that I can’t do something. I think 13-16 year olds would understand how that feels and find the characters relatable and the series intriguing.

Comments
Post a Comment