The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah Mini Review/ Book Talk
Book Talk
https://learn.dcollege.net/courses/1/25625.201925/db/_12076059_1/WIN_20200220_19_54_18_Pro.mp4
Mini Review
This book is about a girl named Winter who lives in the ghettos of Brooklyn. Even though she grew up on the rough streets of New York, her lifestyle was anything but rough. She comes from a wealthy family where her father is a wealthy drug lord. While she is not directly involved in the family business, she enjoys the money and respect it comes with. However, all of that changes when her father relocates her family to Long Island. Her father says it’s for their own safety, but Winter craves to get back on the streets where she belongs and she intends on getting what she wants no matter what anyone says.
I personally found this book hard to read. I think that is because I could not relate to the character or the setting of the book. I didn’t grow up in the rough urban streets like the main character did. But there are plenty of girls who do have a similar urban background and may even relate to Winter regarding the streets being their true home. I would recommend this to 16-18 year old girls. I think they would be interested to see what the streets are potentially like.
Image: https://www.amazon.com/Coldest-Winter-Ever-Novel/dp/074327010X/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+coldest+winter&qid=1584114722&sr=8-1
https://learn.dcollege.net/courses/1/25625.201925/db/_12076059_1/WIN_20200220_19_54_18_Pro.mp4
Mini Review
This book is about a girl named Winter who lives in the ghettos of Brooklyn. Even though she grew up on the rough streets of New York, her lifestyle was anything but rough. She comes from a wealthy family where her father is a wealthy drug lord. While she is not directly involved in the family business, she enjoys the money and respect it comes with. However, all of that changes when her father relocates her family to Long Island. Her father says it’s for their own safety, but Winter craves to get back on the streets where she belongs and she intends on getting what she wants no matter what anyone says.I personally found this book hard to read. I think that is because I could not relate to the character or the setting of the book. I didn’t grow up in the rough urban streets like the main character did. But there are plenty of girls who do have a similar urban background and may even relate to Winter regarding the streets being their true home. I would recommend this to 16-18 year old girls. I think they would be interested to see what the streets are potentially like.
Image: https://www.amazon.com/Coldest-Winter-Ever-Novel/dp/074327010X/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+coldest+winter&qid=1584114722&sr=8-1
Comments
Post a Comment